October 1, 2013 4 comments Article
Instead of feeling resentful for saying yes when you really wanted to say no, try these phrases:
- Someone in my time class uses the phrase, "That doesn’t work for me."
- I am feeling overwhelmed and can’t put anything else on my plate.
- I have a policy to never ….
- I really can’t…. right now, but I can….
- I’m sorry, I have another commitment.
- Thanks for thinking of me, but I am not able to.
- I appreciate the request, but I am not taking on anything else right now.
- I am honored you thought of me, but I don’t have the time to do a proper job.
- My heart wouldn’t be in it.
- Thanks for the invitation, but an early night is a better option for me.
What are your favorite ways to say no?