June 22, 2010 1 comment Article
Summer is the apex of a simpler life. Slowing down, more family time together, wandering.
Here’s what I love about summer:
- Hanging out at Lake Michigan. It’s always cooler at the lake and I love being in the water. And we love the sunsets.
- Camping "Up North" and elsewhere.
- Kids are out of school so we have extra time together.
- Spending time outside – gardening, walking, biking, playing tennis, frisbee and croquet.
- Watching fireworks, catching lightning bugs and enjoying the night.
- Going on family vacations – this year it’s Tennessee.
- Saturday at the farmer’s market and picking berries.
- Celebrating the kid’s birthdays.
- Summer reading in the hammock.
- Seeing Summer Repertory Theater.
What do you love about summer? And will you plan for some summer fun this year?