Sometimes it’s hard to know whether to say yes or no to something. In her too-busy book, Linda Anderson has a list of 20 questions to ask yourself before you say yes. Here are some of my favorites:
1. Have I waiting twenty-four hours before answering?
2. What is the motive behind my saying yes or no?
3. Do I have the passion to see the committment through to completion?
4. Can I do this with a cooperative, uncomplaining attitude?
5. Will a yes subtract from my family life significantly and/or for a long period?
6. Will a yes sidetrack or derail my personal mission or vocation?
7. Would I be squeezing this commitment into an already too-full life?
8. Do I honestly want to do it?