I came into my office this morning to work at 8:42 and this is what I found:
Yikes. Apparently I had been just throwing stuff on my desk and not cleaning it up every evening. Some weeks are like that.
But, I really didn’t want to work with that mess. In order to clean up I:
- hung up my headphones
- put yesterday’s water cup into the kitchen
- put my notebooks away
- put my calendar and to do list on their stand
- put away my card making supplies
- hung up my scarf
- shredded my receipts
- put coupons away
- put my books on the bookshelf
- brought my apricots to the kitchen
- put several lipsticks back into the bathroom
- put my ipod in its stand
- and while I don’t have time to go through all my papers right now, I got them all back into the inbox
At 8:57, 15 minutes later I could work here again. It may not be perfect and I still have my wired keyboard while my wireless one is going back to the company. But, I can focus.
So now it looks like this:
What can you do in 15 min?