A new client of mine is beginning a big project. So the first thing we did was set her up to make the project easier.
Do you have a project or goal you are doing or about to do? What would it mean to set yourself up to win?
- Get enough sleep
- Get a relative or babysitter to watch the kids
- Visualize the outcome before starting to go from, “this is too hard” to “this is what I want to see.”
- Clear off your desk
- Create a project file
- Clean up a location
- Get a coach, buddy or support person for accountability
- Get any materials
- Block out time in your schedule
- Plan reviewing progress time
- Set up your environment to make your project easier
- Decide which of your strengths can help this project
- Be clear on what outcome you want
- Anticipate obstacles and come up with solutions to overcome
The easier you make a project on yourself, the more likely it will get to completion. Preparing helps you finish.