Welcome to this week’s issue of Weekly Simplicity Tips. I have been reading a great book on the differences between introverts and extroverts called Quiet by Susan Cain. And am adding more quiet into my life this week from the reminder.
I came across this quote, "I have just three things to teach: simplicity, patience, compassion. These are your greatest treasures. Simple in actions and in thoughts, you return to the Source of Being." – Lao-tzu .
- Where are you selling out to security?
- Practice mindful cooking this week to ground yourself.
- Open a window for a nature break.
- Chat with a friend at lunch.
- Remind yourself what you are giving up, when you say yes.
- Do at least one thing each evening you want to do, even for just a few minutes.
- Be compassionate with yourself as you make changes to simplify. It takes time.
Get it Done Day
Do you have those things that just never seem to get done? Things you procrastinate on like organizing a closet, making a difficult phone call or a business report? Get It Done Day is for tackling that to do list.
When: Get It Done Day starts on Friday March 2nd at 9am EST till 2:00pm EST. For U.S. current time zones, go to Time.gov You don’t need to be here the full 5 hours.
At the top of each hour we will say what we hope to do. At a quarter after we zoom to get it done. Then at the top of the next hour we say what we have accomplished and get some pats on the back.
Change Your Relationship to Time Class
I was going to wait until summer, but I have had many people request this class earlier. So this class will begin March 5: