I was looking for a baby shower gift and thought this would make a great blog post too. When I had babies there was a lot less stuff needed. I am imagining some things have gotten simpler and easier with new products. But, some are just a waste of money.
So I asked on facebook, and this is what they said:
- A cool nursing blanket. It fits over her head, and it has a wire to hold it open a little – so she can see the baby.
- There are lots of useful non-stuff gifts. Meals are hugely helpful. Or volunteering to vacuum or do laundry
- Receiving blankets
- Baby products.. shampoo (I love the new all natural ones)
- Crib sheets
- Burb cloths
- Boppy pillows
- Pack n play
- Bouncy seat
- Baby wrap, like a moby or baby carrier like baby bjorn.
- Cleaning service
- Gift cards
- Grocery delivery service
- Laundry service
- Baby vapor rub, vapor bath, vapor plug in (and refills) are great to have for when the baby gets sick
- Also a heating pad is great. You put it in the crib right before bed to warm it up. Also put it in during night feelings so that when they are finished they have a warm bed to help go back to sleep.
Here is a great way to package things.
Over to you, what are some of the most helpful baby shower gifts you have seen?
Photo by: Shoshanah