Instead of feeling resentful for saying yes when you really wanted to say no, try these phrases:
1. Someone in my time class uses the phrase, “That doesn’t work for me.”
2. I am feeling overwhelmed and can’t put anything else on my plate.
3. I have a policy to never ….
4. I really can’t…. right now, but I can….
5. I’m sorry, I have another commitment.
6. Thanks for thinking of me, but I am not able to.
7. I appreciate the request, but I am not taking on anything else right now.
8. I am honored you thought of me, but I don’t have the time to do a proper job.
9. My heart wouldn’t be in it.
10. Thanks for the invitation, but an early night is a better option for me.
What are your favorite ways to say no?
Learn other strategies in my Change Your Relationship to Time Class