I had a bad case of cabin fever. Schools were closed, churches, even the court system. Turns out Michigan got the most snow out of any state in the nation. And right now the city 20 miles from us is #3 of most snowiest cities in the US.
I didn’t go out for a week, except a brief birthday excursion for my husband with him driving the Jeep in 4 wheel drive.
I was antsy, achy, grumpy. Then I got really tired of feeling that way. So I decided to write down what I have been enjoying about staying inside:
- I had tons of work to do and I feel caught up
- I got to finish reading my novel The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane
- I baked bread for the first time in years
- I tried new recipes
- I didn’t have to clear off a snowy car
- I didn’t have to put on boots
- I listened to lots of music
- Hot cocoa with marshmallows
The list actually looked delightful. I perked up and the next day I was able to leave the house.
Photo by US Fish and Wildlife Services