I take a daily quiet time to center and prepare my heart & mind for the day ahead.
I like to do inspirational reading in the morning and if I have a couple minute break time during the day. I have my daily books on my Kindle Fire. These are books with 365 essays/meditations. (I remember when I would have to drag my daily books to wherever I did quiet time for the day.)
I have the books categorized on my Kindle under the collection “Daily” so I don’t have to search for them every day.
I don’t read every book, every day but read from whatever book(s) I am drawn to that day. Ones I didn’t get to in the morning, I may peek at while waiting for water to boil or during a work break.
I used to feel so guilty when I got off track (which was every week). Now I let myself relax about it. With daily books I’ve read before I tend to read from today’s date even if I missed yesterday’s. On new daily books I keep going in order even if it takes 2 years instead of 1.
Here are my daily books:
- Archaeological Study Bible
- The Daily Stoic by Ryan Holiday – Stoic meditations for serenity, self-knowledge, and resilience
- A Year Without Fear by Tama Kiev – A great help for the “I don’t wannas”
- 52 Weeks of Conscious Contact by Melody Beattie – Meditations for connecting with God, self and others
- Power Thoughts by Louise L Hay – Fun, bright, quick affirmations
- Romancing the Ordinary by Sarah Ban Breathnach – A reminder of the beauty and romance in daily life
What are your daily books?