If just looking at your to do list makes you freeze, it may be time to dump some to do’s.
- If it’s been sitting on your list more than two months, dump it
- You can put a task on your possibility list if you might do it someday but not in the next week or two
- Is there anything on the list you can give to somebody else? Even if you have to pay them?
- Is there anything on the list you are doing just because you “should”?
- Is this to do going to matter in a year?
- Are you trying to do too many projects at once? Can you put some on hold?
- Ask if it has to be done or if you have bigger priorities.
- Have a master list of to do’s, but only put what is possible to do today on your to do list.
- Think really hard before you put anything else on your list.