Eco Living Arso
ARSO is an acronym used by people working with the environment. It stands for…
So what are things to Avoid?
- Certain plastics
- Household chemical cleaners
- Non organic makeup
- Plastic with a #7 recycling code
- Things that are overpackaged
- Plastic utensils
What about Reducing?
- Car travel
- Temperature in house during winter
- Light use
- Printing paper
- Water use
What can you Substitute?
- Paper towels and napkins – use fabric instead
- Disposable batteries – switch to rechargeables
- Compact fluorescent bulbs instead of Incandescent bulbs
- Energy efficient appliances instead of energy hoggers
- Use a tote bag instead of a plastic or paper grocery bag
- Low flow showerhead instead of a regular one
How can you Offset your carbon footprint?
- Recycle what you can
- Give to green organizations
- Socially responsible portfolios
Now since I am all for living simply, I would never suggest you start doing all of these at once. Choose one to work on this week and let us know how it went.