It’s summer here, so I’d rather sleep in and lay in the hammock then do work. But, work needs to get done. So I need to energize. Here’s some summer energizers:
- Take calcium/magnesium supplement (if you don’t get enough) 40 minutes before bed to sleep better
- Make your room extra dark so the earlier light doesn’t disturb you
- Breathe and center yourself 5 minutes in the morning before you go full blast
- Take a morning walk before it gets too hot. That sunshine wakes you up.
- Eat lots of fresh produce – we just picked strawberries. Yum!
- Take a small nap in the heat of the day if possible
- Remember the big picture in the work you are doing and who you are helping
- At my husband’s work, they give out popsicles on really hot days
- Take your shoes off when you work at the computer
- Hang a picture of a fun vacation, so you can go back to that place in your mind
- Splash yourself with cold water
- Read a little in your summer reading book
- We don’t have central air, so sometimes working at the library or Barnes and Noble helps
- Paint your toenails and vibrant color. Seeing my coral nails always makes me smile.
- Try slower exercise like yoga
Photo by Brea Dargis
And if you want an energy plan you can visit Energy for Joy