One of the premises of simple living is that people are always more important than things. If you spend most of your time playing with technology, working or maintaining your home and stuff you have less time more relationships.
Periodically checking in on your relationships can be an important as a physical check up. Think about each of your relationships and answer these questions in your journal or just in your head.
- When was the last time you spoke to this person?
- When was the last time you saw this person?
- Are you having deep, meaningful conversations or superficial ones?
- Do you feel you are supporting this person?
- Are you feeling supported by this person?
- Do you feel more energy or less energy when you are with this person?
- Are you usually annoyed or thankful around this person?
- How are you treating each other?
- Are you mainly complaining or complimentary?
Are there any changes you would like to make?