Good Habits for a Clean Home
The difference between a home that is usually picked up and one that is usually messy is often just the habits of the owners. Create better habits and you could have a cleaner home. Some good habits to implement:
- Leave a room neater than when you got there. Before you leave a room, do a quick scan. Grab the plate and cup you brought in. Then pick up the other cup on the table.
- Put things away even when you are in a hurry. I used to run out the door and leave everything out on the bathroom sink. Now I always put everything away before I leave. I start getting ready a few minutes earlier.
- Do a 10 minute tidy with your family in the evening. Have all the family members pick up their stuff from throughout the house.
- Do things right away. Fold laundry right away so it is less wrinkled. Do dishes right after dinner so they aren’t crusty. Sew on the button before it gets lost.
- Do errands on one day instead of every time you run out of something. Think how much less you will be stuck in the car. Keep a running list of things to buy.
- Keep up with laundry and dishes.
- Sort through papers and email daily.
- Put jewelry back into the jewelry box every night. I am working on this one right now. I have a little stash of jewelry next to the jewelry box that has become annoying.
- Pick it up as you go. Put away projects when you are done. Clear off the desk when you are done with work. Put away food when you are cooking.
Which of these habits would make the biggest difference in your home? You can start practicing your habit right away!
If you want support in creating new habits, join us for the next Habit Class.