I saw this post on How Far Did You Come in 2007? Before hopping into creating goals and resolutions for 2008, let’s take some time to celebrate this past year.
Think about all you accomplished the year before. The people you were kind to, the new habits your made, character traits that were strengthened. Post them in the comments so we can acknowledge you.
Some things I ‘d like to celebrate:
- Joining the choir
- Eating many more organic foods and switching to environmentally friendly cleansers
- Putting on two seminars after not speaking in public for 15 years
- Getting over my fear of flying in airplanes
- Taking two trips by myself
- Driving the highway to Grand Rapids for the first time
- Being married another year
- Increasing my business
- Becoming a Pastoral Care Elder
- Completing Torah Club 1 and starting #2
- Joining an accountability group
- Inviting someone to be my business accountability partner and we kept in touch weekly all year
- Creating fun times to spend with the kids
- Meeting great women at the BlogHer Conference
- Getting to know two of my friends much better
- Encouraging many people with notes
- Taking the kids to plays, the WaterFront Film Festival and the Great Performance Series for some culture
- Starting doing social networking like FaceBook
- Cooking quite a few new recipes and hundreds of meals
What would you like to celebrate?