My daily email time was getting longer again. So time to unsubscribe.
What I unsubscribed from:
- Daily inspirational emails. I just didn’t have time to read them every day and get inspiration in my daily blog reading
- Emails from people I have bought from in the past. It’s nice to know when there is a deal, but most of the time I don’t need to be buying anyway.
- My Google calendar daily agenda. I now have my calendar write in my Gmail sidebar thanks to a new Google lab.
- A couple yahoo groups that produced tons of emails.
- Some Google alerts that weren’t helpful
- Many of my calendar reminders, since the calendar is right there in my email
- Facebook and MySpace updates. I would rather just do a quick check at the sites daily.
What can you unsubscribe from?
I have spent the entire morning decluttering my email box because I hadn’t been keeping up with deleting incoming mail (mostly junk mail I don’t read). I use Outlook Express and found an easy way to go through it quickly to delete unwanted email. I simply click on the “From” column in my list of emails, and it alphabetizes the list. So I can see, for example, that I have 23 emails from Google Alerts – Click on the top one, scroll down to the bottom one, click on SHIFT key and Poof! they’re gone. Do I need 47 emails from “insureyourcar”? I don’t think so – zip zap – gone! It really was much faster than trying to go through them all one by one! And you can also see what is unread and you should be unsubscribing from.
What a great tip Joan! Thanks.