I saw a new show on TLC last weekend called “Home Made Simple.” They give organizing tips, quick meal ideas and other simple living ideas.
A few tips from this past show:
- Invite friends and neighbors when you are doing a big declutter
- Take everything out of the space – setting a time limit so everyone moves quickly
- Wash the space – have fun with it
- Declutter and put things back in bins or labeled containers
- Show spaces used for different activities with an area rug for the adult area, etc.
For your desk:
- Clear the whole thing off
- Organize CD’s in a CD holder
- Use labeled boxes for bills and papers
- Sort paperwork – your initial sort could be finished in as little as 5 minutes
- Use the Swiffer to dust (this is what I use to dust with as well)
- Keep the area around the keyboard and in front of the computer clear
- Use a shoe holder for supplies on the back of the closet door