Organizing Kitchen Cabinets
I had a reader, email and ask how to organize kitchen cabinets. Here are some of the tips I sent:
- Use a rack for your bowls and small plates (big plates if you have the room)
- Pans can go on a rack on the wall or nested in a cabinet
- If you have non-stick plans, put paper towels between pots and pans
- The lids can go into a slot organizer like for mail
- Cutlery needs a drawer/utensil organizers to keep knives, forks, spoons, etc. separated
- Glasses can be placed upside down in the cabinet
- Spices are good on a lazy susan in the cabinet
- Boards can go next to the microwave if they don’t fit in drawers
- Daily small appliances can go on the counter
- Less used appliances can go into the cabinets
- Cookbooks can go on a high shelf or a bookshelf on the wall. I would suggest though that favorite recipes be put in the computer. Most cookbooks can be given away unless you use them a lot.
- Have a recyclable station in the basement or garage
- The most important thing is to not have lots of stuff in the kitchen you don’t use
What tips help you in the kitchen?