About once a month I try to take most of one day for retreat. Each month takes a different course. This day my daughter was home as well, so we did a few things together.
To get relaxed we watched a movie together. We also made chocolate chip cookies.
I felt like nurturing myself and my surroundings this day.
Some activities that went on:
- Updating my comfort basket
- Adding fun, old pictures to facebook
- An extra long quiet time
- Playing relaxing, soulful music I got from Heather
- Making yogurt
- Making bread dough
- Visual journaling
- Listening to a goal setting audio from the American Monk
- Playing with my computer desktop which should save time this week
- Reorganizing a bathroom cabinet
- Taking a shower with candles and music
Usually I wouldn’t consider the organizing and baking as retreat material. But, that was what I felt I needed. And I am feeling nurtured for the month ahead.