Work tends to be a place where we forget self-care and self-compassion. We get into doing mode. We strive. We try hard. Our focus tends to be outside ourselves. Whether it’s a job, working from home or tackling kids and the house.
So I think we all need a self-care box where we work. I keep mine in one of my desk cubbies. I’ll put what is in my self-care box, but you put in what nurtures you.
Now the box doesn’t normally have all those things sticking out of it, but I thought you could see some things better that way.
- A head massager I got at one of those home parties years ago
- Sticks that make noise from when my kids were little (great for getting aggressive energy out)
- A heat massager for my neck
- Cough drops
- Hand lotion of different varities
- Thank you cards
- Pomegranate lip balm and a few others
- Glasses cleaning cloth
- A glitter lotion – ’cause it’s fun
- Hand sanitizer
- Cuticle oil pen (hey, I forgot that was in there!)
- Essential oils
- A squishy stress ball (well actually it’s a unicorn)
- A worry stone
Mine also has a clip on the outside to clip positive quotes, affirmations or new habits I am working on.
What would feel like self-care to you? Just 30 seconds with one of the above items can change how your energy.
Need a refresher on taking care of yourself? Enjoy my Simple Self-Care eBook.