I shared the method I use for my work: Pomodoro Method. 25 minutes work – 5 minute break.
But, what to do on your break? It seems like such a short time. Yet even 5 minutes can bring your focus back. Here are some work break options:
- Walk somewhere
- Get something to drink like water or tea
- Sit in silence
- Do some stretches
- If you are at home – dance to a song or sing a song. At work listen to a song with headphones.
- Do some breathing techniques
- Massage your shoulders
- Step out into the sunshine or look out the window
- Have a positive conversation
- Self-Compassion Break
- Check in with yourself or pick a question from a check in jar
- Think of 5 things you are grateful for
- Write a quick note to someone
- Break down a project
- Read a magazine article
- Do a 5 minute meditation (type in “5 minute meditation” in YouTube and you’ll find many options.)
- Take care of any plants
- Take a picture, color, draw, write or do something creative
- Declutter your desk
What are your favorite work breaks?
Photo by: Jocelyn Durston