Brea and I just got back from Washington D.C. and I thought I’d share some tips I learned while vacationing:
- Even free museums may have tickets you can get ahead of time online, so you don’t have to stand in line.
- If you get to a museum first thing in morning start on the top floor while everyone else is on the lower floor.
- Create a flexible itinerary and then make the next day’s itinerary the night before. If everything is set in stone it’s harder to change itineraries. For instance we were originally doing a walking tour of the monuments, but after walking all day at museums we decided not to do that. Instead we booked a bus tour of the monuments for the next evening.
- No TV or news for a week or so is renewing.
- The less you take around the city, the less you need to carry.
- Peanut M & M’s roll when you drop them in the car.
- Moleskine has some great notebooks for certain cities with maps to help you on your journey.
- Two small bags are easier to handle than one big suitcase. My bruised shins can agree with that.
What are your vacation tips?