I decided to not have expectations about my birthday this year or try to plan something spectacular. I realized I was setting myself up for trying to create the ‘perfect birthday.’ The pressure. Instead I had a laid back day of reading, watching movies and hanging out with my family.
And yesterday I went to a Fall Retreat with Jan Lundy. I feel so refreshed and strengthened after retreats.
- Allow yourself to rest when you get sick.
- Stay in one evening and read under the blankets.
- Are you hiding any purchases from a significant other?
- Declutter your bedside tables.
- Get to the bottom of one paper pile.
- Quit obsessing about perfection and enjoy life as it is.
- Get back to a childlike wonder at holidays instead of only thinking about the work.
Take care of yourself during this flu season
Simple Self Care:
Follow Me on Twitter:
You can check out all my programs and courses here:
Nice post. Good seven point list.
I think the one I lack the most is #1. I handle a double lifestyle, with regular work and my own side projects on my free time. Time and time again I feel so tired and feel like not doing anything yet I try to push through.
One day I said “enough already” and went to bed and read a good book. Slept early and woke up late. It felt like I was reborn. Now I try to get my rest on a weekly basis, but the over-achiever side of me gets the best of me from time to time.
I really like this list! It is clear and concise, but very powerful. I am a big believer in jammie days, taking time to do nothing but fill our own wells. Today is one of those for except for a little blogging. May we live more gently with ourselves.