Weekly Simplicity Tips
Welcome to this week’s issue of Weekly Simplicity Tips. After a blazing week, like most of the US, we finally got a couple of cool mornings and evenings. I had the beach much to myself on a walk Sunday morning. And walked by a lake through trails today. I felt completely peaceful after my walk. Then on the way home an aggressive driver was weaving in and out. I felt myself tighten up, then send love came to me. I felt a little silly sending out loving thoughts to the driver. But tried it anyway. Maybe he was late or having a hard time. I wished him love and peace. I don’t know if he felt it, but I felt more loving and more peaceful when I was done.
- Make your word good and keep your agreements. But make less of them.
- Keep agreements with yourself. But make less of them.
- Make your requests of others clear.
- Double how long you think something will take before you accept a new project.
- When you are especially stressed, let yourself do less.
- Allow yourself empty space in your calendar.
- Keep the last half hour of your work day empty to finish up things.
Why Do You Need a Retreat?
Ask yourself: when was the last time I took time alone?
Have you been stuffing down feelings trying to keep it all together?
Do you want to escape your life for a little while? Does everyone seem to annoy you?
Do you feel hollowed out mentally, spiritually or physically?
Are you in the midst of transition and change? Or have a decision you need to make?
Perhaps you have felt you have lost yourself under stacks of to do lists and other people’s expectations?