This week I had lots of events and meetings with school starting, church activities beginning, a new group forming, etc. I almost never have something every day and this week I had more than one event a day.
So how does one deal with this type of week?
- I start by never saying how busy I am. I don’t need to make myself feel any more overwhelmed.
- Next, I cut down on all but basic home care and turn off personal projects for the week.
- I make sure I continue my quiet time and exercise first thing in the morning and get to bed on time so I have enough energy for the week.
- Meals are super simple – soup and grilled cheese, frozen pizza with a salad, etc. and planned the weekend before.
- I answer only important or urgent email.
- Less important things like reading blogs in my Google Reader, watching TV, and reading magazines are put aside until next week.
If I find myself with too many weeks like this, I know it’s time to cut back. But, we all have seasons or weeks in our lives like this. Next week – catch up time.