I didn’t buy a paper calendar this year. I had been phasing it out and now it’s completely gone.
I use Google Calendar, and it has simplified my life. You can see if it might work for you.
- You would no longer have to rewrite birthdays and anniversaries from old calendars. Or recurring appointments. You can set up daily, weekly, monthly and yearly recurring events.
- You can have your calendar anywhere. I can get it through Google mobile on my phone and there is no synching I need to do with other calendars. You can see it from any computer with internet access.
- You can import other calendars like holidays, TV show schedules, moon phases and people you work with closely. All you need to do is go to Other Calendars on the left sidebar. You can choose to browse public calendars, add someone else’s calendar, add a calendar if you know the URL, or import a calendar from things like Outlook or iCal.
- You can see all the calendars at once or only the ones you want to see by clicking on the calendar (s) in the left sidebar.
- You can get reminders through email, sms or as pop up reminders so you don’t miss appointments. You can even send events to others.
- You can get a daily agenda emailed to you every morning.
- Quick Add adds to the calendar faster than you could write it on a paper calendar.
- You can see daily, weekly, monthly, or four days with the click of a button.
- Searching calendars is easy with the Google Search right at the top of the calendar.
- I have gadgets that tell me the time in other time zones since I have clients all over the world and another gadget that tells me when my next meeting is.
What calendar systems works for you?